Classique - The Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Beginning of a New Decade!

Yes, it's true. I'm 30 now! Thankfully it doesn't hurt quite as much as I thought it might! hahaha
As most of you know, Jeff and I were able to come back to KS to celebrate my birthday with our friends and family. Jeff and my good friend, Amy, had planned a party for me in Lawrence, but first we celebrated with family on both sides. The day after we landed, we made a quick trip out to see Jeff's family. They surprised me with streamers, balloons, and a Jayhawk decorated ice cream cake...my favorite!!! It was so good to get to see them all again.

 I really don't think are too many desserts much better
than ice cream cake from Dairy Queen!!

Jeff and I with Grandma & Grandpa Schneider!! We miss you guys!!

Then we headed to Wichita for the week while Jeff caught up on some work in the office and I got to spend some time with my family. We went to dinner at Abuelo's in Wichita with my family one night to celebrate. I definitely miss Mexican food the most when we're in Geneva!!!
Jeff and I with my family. Laura and Brian weren't able to make it.

The day of my birthday Jeff took me to breakfast at McDonald's before he headed to work. It was great! We love McDonald's breakfast, but after I once looked up the calories and fat in one delicious breakfast burrito we made a pack to now only go there for special occasions! Yikes!! That night after he got off work we went to dinner and a movie . . . .a FIRST for us!!! Yes, believe it or not, Jeff and I had never gone to a movie together.  We both enjoy movies, but it just never happened. We spent time hanging out watching sporting events or a movie at home rather than going to the theater when we were dating. We kept saying it was gonna happen. Then he moved to Geneva, and we were busy planning a wedding. . .crazy how time flies! Well I told him that I wanted to finally go to a movie for my birthday. He got us tickets to Warren Theater in Wichita where you can eat and drink in the theater. It was pretty sweet!!!
 Proof that we finally made it to see a movie in a theater!!

Yes, I picked the movie too. . . a romantic comedy!

That weekend we headed to Lawrence for my birthday party. It was so much fun!!! Jeff and Amy had reserved this private room at a sports bar and restaurant in town for us to watch the KU game and party together! It was such a great night! I have such wonderful friends and family!!!
Jeff got these amazing cupcakes from a cupcake boutique in KC!!!
Amy did all the decorating. It was great. . .NO Bieber!!! 

(FYI. . .for those of you who don't know Justin Bieber and I share a birthday. My friends really wanted to throw me a Bieber party since I was turning 30 and Bieber 18. I, however, am not a fan and got enough Bieber at my going away party last year so I was very very grateful they didn't bring him back for this party. Thanks girls, I appreciate it!!!)

 My sister, Katie, Amy, and I
 My best friend, Hannah, and I
Even my Aunt Mary & Uncle Gary stopped by 
to have a celebratory drink with me!


Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes!!! It really was a great birthday and month =)  I am looking forward to a great year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment