Classique - The Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Jayhawks in Switzerland!!

As I'm pretty sure everyone knows, I am a HUGE Jayhawk basketball fan!! I love college basketball and count down for the start of the season every year!! It seemed like fate when I found out that the Jayhawks European tour that only happens once every FOUR years was going to be THIS summer and to top it all off one of their two stops was going to be in Switzerland!!!! I couldn't believe it!! My little bit of home was going to be right here in my backyard. It was a dream come true! The guys had two games against the Swiss National team two days back to back in Fribourg just a little over an hour drive from us in early August. 

Jeff and I went together for the first night. Most of the fans came on three tour buses with a group from the US to support KU. There were probably 30-40 or so locals that showed up to watch the game as well. A few of the locals were originally from the US, so it was nice to meet a few fellow expats and hear their story. It was a late afternoon game on a weekday so I'm sure that's why such a small crowd. It made for a totally different experience, though, because every time coach would yell at the guys on the court you could hear every word he said....definitely made it more entertaining!! The second night Jeff couldn't make it, but that didn't stop me from making the drive again. It was totally worth it. KU won both nights in close games! Not sure how this young team will come together for this year's season, but they have a lot of great potential!!

This little girl was at her first Jayhawk game. She's an American whose family is living in abroad for her dad's job. We loved her sign!!
This was her other sign....too cute!! 
This sums up everything!! 
Just getting my picture with Jeff Withey. He is so flipping tall!!!
I even got coach to stop for a picture with me after the game!!!
This was huge because (as true KU fans know) coach rarely comes out after games for autographs or pictures so I was really pumped!!!
 Nothing beats a basketball game in Allen Fieldhouse, but this was definitely an awesome second best experience to watching my guys play at home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment