Classique - The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, February 20, 2012

Bitter Cold!!!

For all of you back in Kansas enjoying the mildest winter on record. . . I am jealous! Go figure that January in Switzerland is one of the coldest on record! This is definitely not fair!

This weekend we drove to Versoix, a small village about 20 miles up the edge of the lake. The week we were in Egypt another winter storm moved through Switzerland. We had heard there were some impressive places where the waves had crashed up over the walls along the edge of the lake creating some amazing icicles. When I saw a friend of our's pictures I thought they had to be fake. You're about to see what I'm talking about. The first few pictures are from our friend, Matt. The last few pictures are the ones we took over a week later!!



Look how deep the ice is on the front tire of this car!


You can definitely tell which direction the wind was blowing!


Here's how things looked this weekend when we went to check it out for ourselves... still a lot of ice!!


The icicles hanging from the branches may have melted, but there is still a lot of ice!!

I think your bum might be a little cold if you wanted to sit and rest a minute!

I'm guessing most of you are now even more thankful you've had a mild winter!! I know I will be very happy for warmer weather to arrive. For now I'm just counting down the days for the quickly approaching trip back to the US for one of my favorite holidays ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment