Classique - The Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boston

Jeff had a conference for work in Boston in mid September. I have a dear friend, Katie, who lives there  and this was the perfect excuse to go spend some time with her and her husband!! I had been to Boston once before to help her wedding dress shop. We did the annual "Running of the Brides" event. What an experience!! Anyway, I had done a little sight seeing on that trip, so I had already seen some of the popular historical spots. Jeff and I flew in the weekend before his conference so we had a little time to enjoy the city together before he was busy with work.

Where else to go than where everyone knows your name!?!! =)

I've never been in any state capitol other than in Kansas. We happened to peek in right as the free tour was beginning so we decided to join. I was really glad we did. It was really interesting!
Super excited to get to go to Fenway Park and see a Red Sox game!!
Jeff had been before, but this was my first time. 
Toronto at Boston September 7, 2012. . .sadly the Red Sox lost but we still had a great time!
The Green Monster in all its glory!
Unfortunately a surprise storm moved in, causing about an hour and a half rain delay with some pretty intense lightening!! Luckily the storm subsided and we got to enjoy the game! 
How can you not enjoy ice cream in a plastic helmet while at the game?!?! =)
One evening while we were there we went to dinner with my good friend, Katie, and her husband. Then they took us out for a show at the Improv Asylum. It was really entertaining! We had a great time and it was so wonderful catching up with friends!!

Katie and I before the show
A couple weeks after we left, Katie had an adorable baby boy, so think there is definitely a trip back to Boston in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment